Junior Robotics Online: Forces and Motion
For children 7+ years old. This popular course is great for introducing the concept of programming, robotics and machines.
Forces and Motion is part 1 of a larger four-part course.
The course is comprehensively linked to the Australian National Curriculum, teaching robotics and machinery in the context of:
- LIFE SCIENCE- life cycles, habitats, environment.
- ENGINEERING- design projects, prototyping and testing.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCE- forces, motion, cause & effect.
- EARTH & SPACE- climates and weather patterns
Benefits of the course include:
- Investigating, modelling, and designing solutions
- Engaging students in science by making it real and relevant
- Basic programming skills
- Collaboration and presentation skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
This is an online course that also requires a junior robotics kit. You can purchase the kit for delivery within Australia here. The course will expire 90 days after purchase, but you can retain access to the course material if the student completes the course within that time.