Term 4 Webinars: AI and Machine Learning Beginners (ages 9+)
Live streamed webinar series. Requires a suitable home computer, software and internet connection. Once booked, you will receive further instructions to participate in the webinar series.
Term 4 2021 Class Schedule:
- Saturdays from October 9 (10 weeks)
- 60 minute class time.
For children 9+ years old with some coding experience.
This program will introduce students to some of the artificial intelligence techniques that help computers behave more intelligently. This will include some machine learning techniques that enable computers to learn from past experiences and improve their performance over time.
The program is based on practical, hands-on interactive learning about various artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques. However, it also contains discussions of potential benefits and issues (e.g. data bias) related to using artificial intelligence and machine learning systems.
Key Learning Points:
- Gain practical, hands-on experience of using various artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques
- Understand how these techniques can be used to solve diverse problems
- Develop critical thinking about potential benefits and issues related to applying these techniques
- Communicate effectively using scientific and technical language